Family Based Permanent Residence

The family based permanent residence requires the proof of qualified relationship between Petitioner and Beneficiary. The most required documents are birth and marriage certificates.

Employment Based Permanent Residence

  1. EB-1: Persons of Extraordinary Ability: Alien has extraordinary ability in sciences, art, athletics and seeks entry to continue to work in the same area. No employer needed.
  2. EB-2: Member of professions holding advanced degrees or aliens of exceptional ability: members of the profession holding and advanced degree and because of their exceptional ability they will benefit the economy of the U.S. Employment offer is required.
  3. EB-3: Professionals, Skilled and Other Workers: BA degree is required and must be members of the profession.
  4. EB-4: Special Immigrants: Religious Workers; Employees of the U.S. Government; Special Immigrant Juveniles; and other special immigrants.


Labor Certification process to test the labor market is applicable to EB-2, EB-3 categories and H-2 applicants. Labor Certification must establish that the alien will not displace U.S. workers or adversely affect the wages of U.S. workers. Employer must file ETA 9089, and before submitting the ETA 9089, the employer must get a prevailing wage determination. A recruitment process also has to occur prior to the filing of the ETA.