Short Description of Various Temporary VISAS
Person in specialty occupation, fashion model of distinguished merit and ability.
- Bachelor’s or higher degree or its equivalent is normally the minimum entry requirement for the position
- Person is coming temporarily to the US.
It provides for the admission of Canadian and Mexican citizens who are coming to engage in professional activities as defined by NAFTA.
E1 and E2, Trader and Investors
Are your customers raving about you on social media? Share their great stories to help turn potential customers into loyal ones.
Temporary worker invited by an individual or organization for purposes of receiving training other than graduate medical education or training. Applicant must have foreign residence to which trainee must return.
- A fiancee of a United States Citizen
- Seeks to enter U.S. solely to conclude a valid marriage with Petitioner
- Marry 90 days after entry
- Minor children of fiances can accompany them (K-2)
L-1 Visas, Intracompany Transferees
L-1 status may be given to an alien who, within 3 years preceding his application for admission, was employed abroad continuously for one year by a parent, affiliate of the U.S. petitioning company.
Short Description of Other Temporary VISAS
O Visa Extraordinary Ability
" A level of expertise indicating that the person is one of the small percentage who have arisen to the very top of the field of endeavor."
Person who performs individually as an athlete, or as part of a group or team that is "internationally recognized." Or a person who performs individually or essential part of an entertainment group.
Q Cultural Exchange Program
Cultural exchange program is designated for the purpose of providing practical training, employment and sharing of the history of the country of the person's nationality.
R Religious Worker
Member of a religious denomination for at least two years immediately preceding the time of application for admission that has a non -profit religious organization in the U.S."
The program is for nonimmigrant visitor, who:
- professor or research scholar
- has sufficient funds and is fluent in English
- maintains sufficient medical insurancefor accident and illness
- has a residence abroad.
- If the training is in a field that can be utilized in the foreign country and is on the Exchange Visitor Skills List, the J-1 may be subject to the 2-year residence requirement.
It is a special visa to persons who:
has suffered physical or mental abuse as a result of having been a victim of "qualifying criminal activity"
have been helpful to an agency that is conducting investigation of the activity
the qualifying criminal activity occurred in the U.S.